Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My first lemon blosssom

My lemon tree has finally produced its first lemon blossom!
It's beautiful and oh so fragrant!  Oh my goodness, the aroma is so incredible!  For such a small blossom, it has an amazingly powerful and heady scent.  It's a little like honeysuckle but with a slight citrus undertone.  It smells crisp and clean but delicately sweet at the same time.  It's such a wonderful fragrance that I just want to bottle it up and pour it out everywhere!  It's ambrosia to my nostrils. 

I love it so much so that I am seriously considering buying a dozen more lemon trees and covering both balconies with them and putting one in every room of our house.  Except then we wouldn't have any room to sit or enjoy our sunsets, so I guess that idea is on hold for now.  But if we ever buy a house with a yard here in the South, then we'll have a whole lemon grove - just for its exquisite, enticiting, heavenly aroma alone...
I'm absolutely giddy over that one blossom and there are many more on their way.  I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...