Thursday, April 1, 2010

An Unexpected Surprise

I have been feeling really great lately except for the enormous protruding belly throwing me completely off balance.  And little Indy has been very active.  Much more active than Grace at this point in my pregnancy.  Then yesterday I started having contractions and a lot pain in my lower back.  They subsided by midafternoon so I wasn't too worried.  But then they started up again last night.  So I called my doctor this morning and he told me to come in to his office immediately so they could check everything out.

After I dropped Grace off at school this morning, I drove across the bay to my doctor's office.  They took me back immediately and hooked me up to the fetal monitoring thing.  Indy was moving around so much the nurse had a hard time hooking the belt up to monitor his/her heartbeat.  Then she thought she heard two heartbeats.  So they decided to do an ultrasound just to be sure.  And surprise, surprise - I'm carrying twins!  I couldn't believe it!  Neither could the nurse or my doctor.  Turns out, baby number 2 was hiding behind Indy.  No wonder my belly has started growing astronomically fast.  And it explains the horrible morning sickness!  And all that extra motion going on in my belly!
So here's a picture of both our babies...  Now that I'm expecting twins I have to take it much easier.  No more picking Grace up or too much exercise.  Thankfully I'm not on bed rest...yet.  I go in for another checkup in two weeks.






Now that you're finally reading this section of my post, April Fools!  I didn't go to the doctor and we're not having twins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...