Saturday, April 23, 2011

Beachy weddings

We were in for a treat today at the beach.
There was a wedding taking place!
And not just one wedding, but FOUR separate ceremonies for FOUR different brides!  We saw the first two take place side by side.  A third ceremony took place further down the beach and a fourth and final wedding was setting up as we left.  For those of you who don't know, I'm kinda partial to beach weddings since that's how David and I said our "I dos."
 Here is the first couple.  Aren't they so sweet walking hand in hand down to the water?
 Apparently, they really like dogs.  They had a number of pooches dressed up for the occasion.
 Here is the second wedding.
Would you believe they had a pair of helicopters fly over during their ceremony?  So did David and I.  That was one of the more memorable moments of our wedding.  They flew over our beach at the beginning of our nuptials and then again right as we were pronounced husband and wife and had our kiss.  Some thought it was planned as a tribute to our Auburn heritage, but it wasn't.  I hope these couples look back after several years and remember their flyover as fondly as I remember ours.
And I wish all four newlywedded couples many, many years of love, laughter, and happiness together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...