Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Just finished: Capri set for Faith

I just finished this capri set for Faith.  I made my own pattern for it.  I have found that making my own pattern is a little easier than using someone else's.  Does that make me weird?  For some reason I seem to have issues following someone else's directions...
I made the straps ajustable.  They go through a little button hole in the front and then out another tiny buttonhole in the back.
And then the straps tie into a bow.    The pants have an elastic waist.  I'm a little concerned that the pant legs might be a tad too little.  My baby has some chunky little legs.  I plan to try it on her after her nap...

I have discovered that making a two piece outfit is more than double the work of a dress.  It's more like quadruple, in my opinion.  However, I have already promised Grace a matching capri set, so I guess I'll just have to work twice as hard.  Maybe outfit number two will go a little easier.  I will say that I am improving by leaps and bounds.  My hems are getting straighter and my insides are less messy.   Best of all, I'm having fun in the process and my girls have some really cute outfits to wear.  Outfits made with lots of love just for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...