Thursday, April 21, 2011

Balls and falls

Grace and I were playing with her pink ball when Grace decided to jump on top of it.
I'm sure you can imagine the result.  Her feet flew out from underneath her and over her head they went!  Then she came crashing down on her arm with a loud THUMP and started yelling like a banshee.  I ran and picked Grace up with thoughts of a possible broken arm and another ER visit in my head.  I tried to distract her from all the yelling so I could check to see how badly she was injured so I said, "Grace, you looked like you were trying to fly, silly girl!"
Grace stopped mid-cry and looked at me with disbelief.  Then she replayed the scene with me by wailing out, "I tried to get the ball and I was standing on it and it rolled away and I fell and I hurt my arm!"  I replied by saying again, "I know you hurt your arm but you sure were funny flying in the air like that!"  With another skeptical look on her face, Grace responded by saying, "Momma.  You remember that girls can't fly?!?"

I'd say that distraction works.  Sorta...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...