Monday, September 21, 2009

An answer to my prayers


I have been praying for the right career opportunity to come along for me for several weeks now.  And I have been praying even more about finding a good school or day care for Grace for when I do go back to work.  I know it is going to be hard for me to go back to work after staying at home with Grace for over two years now, but I know it is the right thing for our family.  I have been praying and seeking guidance and wisdom that we will make the right choices in both of these matters.

Well, today I had a second interview for a position which I have over 10 years experience. The interview went very well.  It was informative and intriguing.  I think it is a job that I would actually enjoy and find stimulating.  Then I toured a Montessori preschool earlier this morning and was completely enamored by it.  By the time I left, I was ready to enroll her right then.  But first, David and I needed to discuss it.   

This Montessori preschool is only about 1 mile from our house.  It is a new school so the classes are still pretty small, and the facilities are extremely new and clean.  I love the fact that their philosophy is built upon the idea that children develop and think differenly from adults.  They're not "adults in small bodies."  Rather, they have a hands-on approach to learning and believe that children are capable of "self-directed" learning.  And each child learns at his or her own pace.  They enourage the children to learn by participating in many different types of activities using the five senses, kinetic movement, spatial refinement, small groups, gross motor skill coordination, and concrete knowledge that leads to abstract thought.   They teach children to care for themselves, their environment, and each other.  The overall theme of the school is children can play and learn at the same time.  I could go on and on and on about everything I learned on my tour.

But I will summarize my feelings by saying that before touring this school, I felt I needed to find a school for Grace so I could go back to work.  After touring the school, my whole attitude changed.  Now I feel like I need to find a job so we can afford to send her to this school.  There is no doubt in my mind that Grace will benefit tremendously from this school and will really enjoy it, too. 

After David got home from work, we went out to the pool for a swim and to talk about our days.  While I was telling him about the school and how right it felt, we looked up and saw this.


A double rainbow. How incredible is that! I ran back to our home and up two flights of stairs to grab my camera and take this photograph.  I felt like it was God's way of answering my prayers and agreeing with me that this school and this job are the right descisions for us to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...