Tuesday, September 22, 2009

She's learning when I'm not watching

Today I finally found a jar to collect all the loose change lying around the house.

I poured the change on the floor and asked Grace to help me pick it up and put it in the jar.

Grace found this coin and brought it to me and said  Here, Momma.  This not monies.



And you know what?  She was right.


This is a Jamaican coin.


She continually amazes me and reminds me that she's learning things even when I don't realize she's watching me.  She's not quite two years old yet but she's learning everything about being a woman from me.  I'm the example that she's learning from. Therefore, I strive each day to be a better mother, woman, and person.  To be more patient, loving, compassionate, understanding, responsible, and more focused.  To be the best that I can be so that when is a woman herself, I can honestly say that I am proud that she followed in my shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...