Thursday, September 24, 2009

Love and best dishes, y'all

Today I went to a local bookstore in Fairhope, Page and Pallete. 
Guess who else was there? 

Jamie and Bobby Deen. 

The sons of this lovely Southern lady and Food Network star, Paula Deen.


The line waiting to meet them started at the front of the store, wound all the way to the back, out the back door and

down the street, and finally back around the building. Outside it was 3-4 people thick. 
.
Luckily, I arrived early so I was behind only 20 people or so. 
.
In fact, I was standing in front of the bathroom when Jamie Deen walked in looking for the bathroom.  His mama did a great job raising him; he came out and told us all that he remembered to put the toilet seat down and wash his hands.


While we were waiting inside some workers passed out church fans to keep us from getting too hot.  There's nothing like Southern hospitality in the middle of a hot, hot day.

We also got to try some of the recipes from the cookbook.  Yum!

They signed a cookbook for me.

 And one for Nanna, too.

They even offered to take a picture with me.  Isn't that sweet!
They really are nice gentlemen and I enjoyed meeting them.  Most of all, I can't wait to try some of their recipes.

Now, I'm off to the kitchen!  Love and best dishes, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...