Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Three years of wedded bliss

Today marks the three year anniversary of our "I dos."  A lot has happened in the last three years. 
.
We bought our first house.  It was in Omaha - nearly 1,200 miles from family.  We found out I was pregnant and then we were blessed with a beautiful baby girl, our Grace.  I quit my job to stay home with her full time.  We found an amazing church family.
.
We went on a cruise to Alaska.  We went to Mount Rushmore.  We went to the beach multiple times.  We visited family and friends in North Carolina, Alabama, and Florida.  We went on an overnight canoe trip.
.
We finally killed the Impala and got another SUV.
.
David received two new job offers at the same time when he wasn't even looking for a job.  He took the one in Alabama so we could be closer to family.
.
We put our house up for sell.  David moved to Alabama and I stayed in Omaha waiting for our house to sell.
.
Three months later, Grace, Chloe and I moved down.  Our house was still on the market.  We lived in an efficiency apartment until we found our condo.  We bought our condo and furnished it with gifts and borrowed items from family.  Thank you Seth.  Thank you Kevin and Lynn. Your generosity is overwhelming and we are so blessed to have such wonderful and considerate family. 
.
Now I'm searching for a job for me and a preschool for Grace.  Our house still hasn't sold.  Grace will be two years old next week. 
.
We have had a lot of changes in the last three years:  new homes in new cities, new jobs with new friends, new phases of our lives.  But one thing hasn't changed.  I'm still madly in love with David.
,
He is the unconditional love and calm in my life.  He talks to me, encourages me, and pushes me to follow my dreams.  He genuinely cares about my happiness.  David thinks me beautiful even at my worst.  No matter what happens, I know that he is there for me.  He's everything I've ever wanted and more.  I am so thankful that God brought me to him.  He is perfect for me.  I couldn't ask for a better husband, father for our child, partner, or friend.  I love him more than my heart can hold.
.


Happy 3rd Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...