Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ear tubes inserted. Finally.

Grace had her ear tube surgery this morning.
 We got up bright and early and went to the doctor's office.  Grace got to wear her pajamas!
 Then she put on a gown and hat.
 And looked so adorable and tiny.
I put a hat on, too trying to cheer Grace up.  But Grace took hers off saying, "I don't want to play doctor."  I think she was nervous.  I know I was.
Next, we went to the pre-op room.  The anesthesiologist came in and asked us some general medical history questions and a then nurse took Grace's picture with a polaroid camera.  That was pretty neat.  And before we knew it, three nurses came in and took Grace away. 
Within minutes, it was all over.  David and I were in Grace's recovery room before she even woke up.  She looked like a sleeping angel.  A few moments later, Grace was awake and ready to go home. 
After we got home, we realized Grace still had her thermometer on.  And her wrist bracelet.  I saved both for her baby book.  I was astonished to see how quickly Grace recovered.  She acted like nothing had even happened.  In fact, Grace acted like she felt better than she had in weeks.  I am simply amazed by children's resilience.  And I am so thankful that everything went well and my baby is feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...