Saturday, March 12, 2011

Picnic at the park and Charmin bears

It was such a beautiful day today that we decided to enjoy a picnic at the park.
To keep things simple, we picked up barbeque from Moe's.
Faith loves barbeque.
And Grace likes their lemonade.
Then it was time to explore.  We walked along the boardwalk.
And down another path.
And into the woods.

And then Grace had to go potty.  Oh boy...  Of course there are no potties in the woods, so we pretended to be bears.  Specifically those Charmin bears on tv...  So, I pulled Grace's pants and shoes off and told her to squat down and go tinkle.  I was surprised to see her go without complaint.  When she finished Grace looked up at me and said, "Momma, I need paper."  Those Charmin bears always have paper!  Before I could even think to respond, Grace simply looked down, saw a leaf, and used it like a bear...  Shocking, I know...
Then we continued our adventure.  We climbed over logs.
And sat on them to rest.
We stared up at the trees.
But primarily enjoyed our time together as a family.
Each of us relishing the day in our own way.
Some more adventurous.
And daring than others.
But all so sweet and wonderful.  I love family time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...