Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Matching dresses

While both girls were napping today (Grace wanted to stay home from school again and I just didn't have the heart to make her go) I whipped these two dresses up for Grace and Faith in honor of Saint Patrick's day tomorrow.  And it only took about 3 1/2 hours total time - not bad since I also created my own patterns out of poster board.
 Both dresses are made out of white seersucker that I got at a garage sale.  And both dresses are lined...
I also made both sashes and flowers.  The center of the flowers are made with buttons that match the buttons on the back of the dresses.
I purposely sewed the buttons on backwards (I think) because they look sparkly.
I made these dresses to celebrate St. Paddy's day, but they just might double as Easter dresses.  It just depends on what else strikes my fancy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...