Monday, September 13, 2010

Fields of cotton

On my way back home after picking the girls up from my mom's house, we drove by a cotton field in full bloom and I just couldn't resist pulling over for a closer look.
Here's an unopened blossom.
And one ripe for the picking.  I didn't pick any in case you were wondering.  I thought about it though.
I just love cotton.  Cotton sheets, cotton blouses, cotton undies.  It's just so soft and comfy.
It's pretty, too.  Especially growing acre after acre.  And cotton just reminds me of home for some reason.  That's particularly odd because I didn't grow up on a cotton plantation or even near one that I can recall.  But cotton is a southern plant I suppose and I'm a southern girl through and through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...