Saturday, September 11, 2010

Getting ready

This morning we all got our hair done at the salon in our hotel.  Leslie was one of the first.
I was beside Leslie and tried to document everything of course.
My hair was originally left down in the back.  It was absolutely gorgeous, but then I went back to have it all pulled up so I would match the rest of the wedding party.  The next time I need a formal 'do I think I'm going to try it this way.
My hairdresser was actually a long lost cousin of Melissa.  How neat is that?  She bought breakfast for us girls.
Fruit and bagels and cake.  Mmmm!
Here's April with her finished hair.  No makeup yet though.
And Leslie.
Then Lauren.
Followed by Renee.
Briana.
And Colie.  Interesting side note about Colie.  She has two little boys.  The oldest was born in September just before my Grace was born and then she has a newborn just a week older than my Faith.  How incredible is that?  Needless to say we hit it off pretty well talking about our babies and comparing birth stories, etc. 
And here's my finished 'do after having it taken off my neck.  I must admit that I've never liked an up hairdo on me before but I love this one!  I actually liked it more up than I did down and that's saying something.  My hairdresser was fabulous.  For those of you who don't know, I have superfine and superthin hair, but she managed to make my hair look like it belongs on a movie star!  And that my friends is an impressive feat.  I've had this hair for 30 years and have never been able to make it look so good.
Then it was time for Melissa to get her hair done.  Her daddy came in to check on her.  How sweet is that!
Her finished do was gorgeous.
So intricate and delicate but rock solid thanks to helmet head.  That's a hairspray.  And it works.  My hair felt so hard afterwards it kinda reminded me of a helmet.  But in a good way.  And it definitely looked pretty and held up through the heat, humidity, and a long night of dancing to "Footloose" and "YMCA."  I'm a terrible dancer but enjoy it oh so much!
But I digress.  Here's Melissa with her quite talented hairdresser.  She was featured on the cover of Knot magazine.  The hairdresser.  Although I think Melissa's wedding should be featured in it.  Maybe I should look into that for her...
Then we had a cute picture made of the fronts of our hair.
And the backs, too.  Did you notice that we were all wearing matching tanks with "bridesmaid" monogrammed on them?  Melissa had those made for us.  Her tank reads "Bride" and Leslie's says "Maid of Honor" with Lauren's being "Matron of  Honor."  Even McKenzie our little flowergirl had one to match.  They were part of of our marvelous gifts from Melissa.
These were our bridesmaid gifts.  Market baskets monogrammed for each of us with our tank (hanging on matching green hangers), monogrammed water bottles, matching custom-made necklaces and earrings (I'm wearing mine with my tank - they are beautiful), candy, and all kinds of other things that I can't remember while I'm typing this up. 
Oh and monogrammed flip flops!  Melissa had a green and brown pair, too.
Along with a white pair to wear at the reception.  How cute is that!
Then McKenzie was so sweet and wrote Melissa a thank you letter.
With a picture of the church.  It was so sweet that I think we all started to tear up a bit.

Before we knew it, it was time to head to the church.  We were ready.  And so was Melissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...