Friday, September 10, 2010

Time for tea

We enjoyed a lovely bridesmaid luncheon and tea today in Rome, Georgia.
Here is the lovely bride, Melissa, with her step-mother, Mary.
And here she is with Finie.  Finie is a hoot.  She made me laugh so many times this weekend.  I adore her.
Here is Renee a bridesmaid.
And Briana, another fellow bridesmaid.
And me!  You guessed it - I'm also a bridesmaid.
This is Lauren.  She is the maid of honor.
This is McKenzie, the flower girl, with her momma Leslie, the matron of honor.
Melissa had quite a large gathering for tea.
Future family.
Current family. 
And lots of friends.
Melissa is loved and treasured by many women. 
This is Melissa's stepmother Mary with Melissa's soon to be mother-in-law.
After all the introductions (a couple of guests including 2 bridesmaids weren't able to make the party) we had tea.  This raspberry tea was delicious!
And I love this tea cup!
The food was wonderful.
The desserts were even better.
Strawberry shortcake anyone?
The caramel cake was the best.
Melissa got something old and blue in one.  This was one of her mother's handkerchiefs.  She "borrowed" it until after then wedding and then it was given to her.  It's lovely.
The tea room was really neat.  They had fabulous hats there.  I took my picture with my favorite hat.
Then someone took it for me.  I felt like a genteel Southern belle wearing it.  We should bring hats back.
We all took turns wearing hats.  We were quite fashionable, don't you think?
Here's Melissa with her maid and matron of honor.  Yes, I definitely think hats are going to make a comeback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...