Saturday, September 4, 2010

Clock-ull-lut take! (Chocolate cake!)

This morning Grace woke up and informed me she needed to make a cake.  When I asked her what kind of cake she needed, she responded with "Uh clock-ull-lut one!"  (A chocolate one!)  Recently she's learned to pronounce words with Ls.  I love the way she pronounces certain words now.
So we decided to make a yellow box cake mix with dark "clock-ull-lut" icing. 
Grace was my helper and taste-tester.  I forgot her apron.
Daddy helped test, too.
You can look at Grace's face and see how scrumptious it tasted.
Soon the cake was baked and iced.  Grace kept licking the icing with her fingers.
I told her to use her fork so she piled the cake on it.
It was a really big piece!
And wouldn't all fit into her mouth.
So Grace looked at what didn't make it in on her first attempt.
And tried again.
She was finally able to smoosh it all in.
And ate it all.  See?  It's all gone!
I think this picture speaks for itself.  She really enjoyed the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...