Sunday, September 5, 2010

Grocery work

Today we went to the grocery store.  And I spent $127 but saved $104.  That's $231 worth of groceries!
That's much more than I typically spend but I stockpiled a lot of things like Hellmann's mayo which was buy-one-get-one-free.  We use a lot of mayo.  Grace was so sweet to  unload the groceries for me.
She unpacked every unrefrigerated item and lined them all up.  The candy is something I typically do not buy but it was on clearance and I thought it would be perfect for Grace's birthday pinata and Halloween.
Grace made her little road longer and longer.  We had a lot of groceries to unpack.  Box cake mix and Aunt Jemima whole wheat pancake mix were both BOGO (buy-one-get-one free).
Grace worked and worked unpacking those groceries.  Every BOGO thing we bought, we bought the max allowed.  Eight is the most Publix would let me get in one trip.  Lysol wipes, cake mix, mayonaise, pancake batter, fruit snacks, and big bags of candy just to name a few.
Grace's road reached from the dining table all the way to our family room carpet.
After all that work and walking Grace took a small break.
But a job well done is so satisfying, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...