Friday, September 24, 2010

Stuffing Ariel

We bought Grace a pinata for her birthday party this year.
When Grace first saw it she immediately recognized it as "air-ull" (Ariel) from the Little Mermaid.
Grace really likes Ariel.
She even danced with her for as long as I would let her.
Eventually I told her we needed to put prizes inside her.
Grace said, "I do it!  I do it!"
And so she did.  One prize at a time.  She wouldn't let me or Mammee help her.  Or eat any either.  When Mammee tried to sneak a piece of candy away for herself, Grace said, "No Mimi!  Dat's for Air-ull!" (No, Mimi!  That's for Ariel!)  Regardless of how careful we were, Grace always caught us and took our candy away.
Grace was so funny with her pinata.  She talked to Ariel and said she was her "fend" (friend) and told her "I yub you, Air-ull!"  (I love you, Ariel!)
I was surprised that Grace willingly shared Ariel with Faith.
That pinata is bigger than Faith.
She weighed a lot, too, with all that candy inside.
Faith is barely taller than Ariel.
We can hardly wait for Grace's birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...