Monday, September 6, 2010

Pier portraits of Grace

With Grace's 3rd birthday looming before us I decided to take some pictures of her at our pier.
And I decided to try her Christening gown on.  I surprised to see that it still fits.  But it won't for much longer.
Grace loves it and thinks it is a princess dress.  She would wear it every day if I let her.
Angela, a dear friend of my family, made this for Grace.  The beading came from my wedding dress and it is the most beautiful Christening gown I have ever seen.  The detail work is incredible.  Angela is one of the most creative and talented women I know.  I wish I had half her talent.
Grace's gown is heirloom quality and I treasure it dearly.  If our house ever caught on fire it's one of the five things that I would make sure that made it of our house safely.   It's just below my children and dog and slightly above our 1 terabyte backup of all our pictures. 
I purposely overcompensated the background in this picture to make Grace stand out even more.
I love how the sun setting makes her hair appear so red.
Grace wasn't too sure about sitting down on the pier in her pretty dress.
But after she did she made sure her dress was just so.
And she looked as lovely as ever. 
Soon picture time was over.  I didn't want to chance tearing her dress.
 
I can't believe my little girl is turning THREE this month!  She's growing up so quickly and is turning into such a beautiful little girl.  She truly is a gift of grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...