Saturday, September 25, 2010

Time to party!

When it was finally time to start the party we brought the cakes outside.
There was a little mishap along the way.  My assistant carried two of the castle turrets while I carried the cake.  I'm a control freak and just couldn't let anyone else handle the cake.  Even though the cake weighed 20 pounds.  Well, it may have not been quite that heavy but it sure weighed a lot!  As my assistant and I got into the elevator, he leaned over to press the down button. And dumped two of the castle's turrets on me.  No biggie.  David met me halfway to the pavilion, took the cake from me, and we set the turrets on the tray in front of the castle. 
After the cakes arrived, David started grilling cheeseburgers and hot dogs.
And we had all the fixings to go with them.
We also had music blaring in the background.  Some chose to dance.
Others took advantage of the pool.
Guess what Grace chose?
Then it was time to eat.  Lunch was fabulous.  My sweet husband is a master at the grill!
Grace had quite the turnout for her party.  This is her cousin Sara Katherine.
And Kaylin.
Her new friend, Connor.
Both of her grandmothers.
And her friend Caroline.
After greeting guests, swimming in the pool, and eating lunch; it was finally time to blow out the candles.
Grace blew out the candles 15 times or so. 
She's a little firebug.
It's a trait that she inherited from my side of the family.
She sang "Appy burf-day to Dray-cee" (Happy birthday to Gracie!) about a dozen times or so. 
Finally we pulled the candles from the cake.  Grace licked them of course.
While everyone else ate cake, the kids played in Grace's present from Granddaddy. 
A beautiful red wagon!
It was the hit of the party.
Grace wanted to take it and her friends everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...